Every business needs a powerful brand image. A brand image is a total impression people have of your company or facility. Some people refer to the company’s brand image as its personality. It is that certain something that causes people to feel or think a particular way about your business. Yet, a brand image is more than just people “feeling” a certain way about a company; it propels the consumer to action. Why is a branding strategy one of the key elements in making a business effective? A brand image (when done right) is a lot like a good structural foundation; it is the basis for which every brick is built thereafter.
Christian pregnancy centers have two constituencies: the woman in need and the donor. A cohesive branding strategy will benefit both groups. Let’s look closer at how an effective branding outreach is a win for pro-life pregnancy centers.
HOW A BRANDING STRATEGY INSPIRES DONORS TO GIVE
1) Motivates through emotional branding
Research accomplish by Harvard Business Review discovered that companies have great potential to connect with their customers (and potential customers) in ways they may not have realized before. According to the data, people are capable and actually ready to emotionally bond with a brand if the emotional motivators are present. Actually, one company maximized emotional branding and saw a 40% increase of new account growth. PRCs can tap into the donor’s motivators with consistent branding. Here are three of the top emotional motivators discovered by Harvard’s Research.
Consumers feel motivated to:
one company maximized emotional branding and saw a 40% increase of new account growth
- Feel confident about the future: The brand messaging should bring donors to a place of confidence about what your center is doing to help women’s futures. Donors should feel a sense of confidence that your PRC is delivering the necessary help to those women in need. In addition, they feel confident about the future of your company. Then they will feel confident about donating.
- Feel a sense of belonging: Everyone likes to feel they belong to a larger whole. This is human nature. Therefore, it makes sense that feeling a sense of belonging would rate as one of the top ten emotional motivators. How does a cohesive branding image encourage a feeling of belonging in donors? The connection donors have with your company can be warm, inclusive, community-centric, or it can be sterile, distant, and disjointed. Your branding strategy makes the difference.
- Enjoy a sense of security: How you present your company image will make donors feel either secure or insecure. Do they get a sense that your operation is stable, consistent, continuing? These elements all play a part in feeling secure in donating and are an important aspect of the overall branding image.
Everyone likes to feel they belong to a larger whole.
2) Inspires donors with a positive message
If we look at donors as customers, then it is easy to see how they will be moved to action by a consistent branding strategy. As donors continually see your center reflect consistent messages and themes of hope and love, they are inspired to action. When they recognize your brand shines with messages such as “God so loved the world,” their confidence is heightened. As you encourage women of Christ’s message to “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matt. 11:28), then donors realize a stable message of hope. However, if you send mixed signals because of not having a cohesive branding image, then they will likely have mixed feelings about giving.
HOW A BRANDING STRATEGY HELPS WOMEN CONSIDERING ABORTION
1) Consistent branding provides a calming tone
Women who are in an unplanned pregnancy and considering all options are in a crisis. When faced with this type of uncertainty in life, a woman desires certainty. In other words, she needs to hear a stable consistent message. The consistency of an effective branding strategy gives these women a sense of stability in an otherwise unstable environment.
2) Enables trust
When a woman is on the verge of a critical decision such as whether to continue a pregnancy, she does not need to hear conflicting messages, contradictory tones, or inconsistent branding. Conflicting tones or messages erode trust. At this crucial point in the woman’s life, trust is a necessity.
At Handiwork Marketing, we understand the importance of developing just the right message and tone for your branding campaign. We know that you must gain donors to keep the work advancing. We understand that reaching out to women in an unplanned pregnancy is a life and death matter. We take the task seriously. Connect with us to see how we can become your partner in saving lives.